Thursday, September 18, 2008

Golf at Raccoon Creek and the markets wobble!


This a par four tenth hole, slight dog leg to the left, that I was fortunate to drive twice in just two games out here.


Looks cold but apparently at some of the slopes they have braai's in the car park area which are a lot of fun or so I am told.

This is a pic taken at Arapahoe Basin which is the slope closest to Denver for us.

These are trail maps of the mountains and as you can see they have a variety of slopes which are graded according to ability, we will be on the baby slopes until further notice.

A view from the peaks from last year, lets hope that in 45 days when the slopes open it looks like this.

Yes I got lucky and it seems to get better each round. I got to play at Raccoon Creek this last week and I shot a 78 medal round. (and no it was not the mashie course) That's what I call smoking! Maybe its the altitude but playing out here makes the par 5 holes look very reachable in two strokes. Anyway enough bragging, you can look at a great pic of the course.

Economic slowdown or meltdown? I am tracking the foreign markets and this past week and a half are not an investors dream unless you are just about to buy at everyone Else's expense. The rand drops to more than R8.25 to the dollar in just 4 days? Hopefully the markets will bounce back just a little to soften the blow to investors like me.

Ski season draws closer and I thought I would just post a few pics of the slopes that Lesleigh and I have bought passes to for the upcoming season. We can take six guests each up to the slopes with us over the season, so any volunteers are most welcome!

No comments: