Sunday, September 7, 2008

carnivals, state parks and gym


This is Littleton Station where we catch the light rail train into Denver city center. Parking is about $20 per day downtown plus fuel and the train is $12 return for Lesleigh and I

Always holding two drinks. This is down Town Denver with the capital building behind me.

Lesleigh in the Denver Art Museum.

Down Town Denver buildings are fantastic, Note the building with the curved top, this is Wells Fargo in the town center.

Manning the ropes whilst the girls prepare for the climb. This is as close as I get to hanging off rock faces.

Lesleigh tries her hand at Rock climbing and she did really well.

This is the second attempt to summit and she did not give in until she reached the top. Determination and persistence.

With this full stretch you can see why she felt bruised and sore on all the muscles the day after.


This is a photo of the television warning when a tornado started out just south of Denver last week. Nothing was damaged and no one was hurt.

This is me in my new ski outfit just trying it all on to make sure it all fits snug.

Lesleigh in the lounge trying out her new ski bindings.

The Castle Rock state park which has a broken dam wall apparently that gave way in the 1950's

I hiked five miles around this park as a great way to build fitness ahead of the ski season, it is really pretty out this part of town.

Well first off a huge congratulations to Storm and Felicity on the birth of their second boy! We had a drink to celebrate for you on this end. So for a quick update on the news we have been to see the Taste of Colorado in downtown Denver, a trip to the state park in Castle Rock and spent some time at the gym getting myself into shape before ski season starts.The photos will say it all but I will say that you can feel fall setting in. The temps are dropping by the day and it is great to see that we still get the blue skies. I am still practicing my golf but doubt there will too many games ahead before the winter starts. Glad to hear all our family are well back in SA and happy birthday to Joanne this week. I had a couple of interviews last week and had to have drug tests and physical exams ahead of submitting for one of the jobs. This coming week I have two really important interviews so please keep me in your prayers as it would be great to at least land a post out here. Wishing you all a great week ahead.

No comments: