Sunday, November 16, 2008

First Snow, new home and a new job.


The kids on their way to school down the road from our house.

Pedestrians crossing the road in the snow across from my office block down town Denver

How about that for an exciting two weeks. I started a new job and settling in nicely but there is a lot to do in a short space of time. I am looking after corporate employee sign ups and contracts, regional sponsorships and university student recruitment for the bank.

We bought a house and signed the documents on Monday signed and sealed. The bank owns the house for now but in a few years it will be ours. This weekend Lesleigh and I spent scraping wall paper off the bathroom walls and painting the family room, dining room and two bathrooms. I cleaned out all the gutters and managed to slice my finger in the process. There is still snow lying about in the garden and the gutters have solid ice cubes in them so by the time I finished clearing the gutters I had frost bite on hands. Leseligh says her back is killing her with all those unused muscles in action whilst painting. The house looks fantastic and with a few more odds and ends to sort out we should be all moved in and settled this coming Sunday the 23rd of November.

Friday morning I got up at 05h15 and looked out the window. Just a frosted layer sitting out on the cars, nothing different to the rest of the week. I went to the bathroom to shave and shower, got dressed, ate breakfast and then proceeded to lock the front door as I left the apartment to go down stairs to my car. Looking over the car park I suddenly realized that there was a heavy snow fall taking place right here in Denver. I raced back indoors, got my camera took a few snaps and then put on a jacket to head off to my car. After clearing the snow and ice from the car windscreen I started out for work. Driving in the snow whilst it was falling was quiet a lot of fun and it seemed to get heavier as I reached my office downtown. Everything was so prestine white, it trully was spectacular. Then at midday the sun comes out and within three hours all the snow on the roof tops had started to fade away. So we had our first snow fall and three days on we are back to a very pleasant autumn day with 25 degrees C and blue skies.

No comments: