Sunday, May 4, 2008

Well I never imagined myself in New York but here I am. It's a big town with all the feel of bustle and traffic. The weather has not been that warm but fortunately not wet. It topped yesterday at 7 degrees C. One thing is for sure that this will not be home in a great rush, its livable but not first choice, very diverse both in population an areas. The tube system is quite complex and dirty which was somewhat surprising. Got to see most of the touristy sites but what a dog and pony show to get onto the ferry to the Statue of Liberty. It took two hours of queuing to get through a security check and then we cued again for an hour to get back to the mainland. Got to learn some interesting facts yesterday like you cannot do EFT transfers with the banks here yet, and the cell phones are just catching up to the SA standard.

Central park is great and I am sure that in the summer this is a magical place to be. We even took a horse and carriage ride in the park. Not got to see a show but this town demands high spenders and the cost of everything is not cheap. The food at the deli's is good and affordable but beer is expensive. It's going to help my slap my body back into shape!

Oh yes how can I forget, my luggage has not arrived. So lucky for me I am surving on the same kit, don't worry I have washed it! If I am lucky they may send it on to Denver. Go SAA another lost bag.

No comments: